Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Throughout Islamic history, non-Muslims living in Muslim societies have been guaranteed security and were free of intimidation and harassment. 

In the 1400s, Ottoman Sultan Mehmed II issued the following royal decree:

"I, the Sultan Khan the Conqueror, hereby declare to the whole world that, The Bosnian Franciscans granted with this decree are under my protection. And I command that: 
No one shall disturb or give harm to these people and their churches! They shall live in peace in my state. 
No one shall insult, put in danger or attack these lives, properties, and churches of these people! 
By declaring this decree, I swear on my sword by the holy name of Allah who has created the ground and sky, Allah's prophet Mohammed, and 124,000 former prophets that; no one from my citizens will react or behave the opposite of this decree!"

No comments:

Post a Comment