Thursday, February 19, 2015

"I thank God everyday for everything He has blessed me with in my life. These pictures were taken during my school days. The first picture is from my high school graduation and the other picture is from my 4th grade year. I grew up and was raised in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia and I attended Aramco schools from Kindergarten to 9th grade. Afterwards, I completed my 10th-12th grade years at Dhahran Academy in Al-Khobar. These pictures are treasures to me. I can still recall every persons name and where they were from. These pictures not only show that it is possible to peacefully coexist as equals. I am still in touch with many of the individuals you see-they are not just my friends, they are my family. I remember celebrating birthdays, Eid, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Ramadan with these people. If you look at the pictures you will see that the pictures show an extremely diverse population of individuals. We came from different countries and had different religions but we still remain very good friends with each other. When I talk to my childhood friends it feels like nothing has changed. I feel a sense of belonging and comfort when I return home to Dhahran and visit my friends and family. Ever since moving to the USA I have struggled to fit in with society. I am sure that I am one of many thousands of people who feel the same way. Let's CHANGE that! Let's continue spreading our message of tolerance and love to all others around the world! The more members we attract, the bigger our influence will be! We are all in this TOGETHER and all change begins with one person! God bless!"
- Audrey Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment