Sunday, February 22, 2015

Amazing True Story

Sheikh Hasib Noor narrated to us 2 nights ago (15 Feb 2015) that his Sheikh Khalid Afeefi (of Madina Munawwara) narrated that once he [Sheikh Khalid] observed a poor Bengali worker (cleaner) in Masjid an-Nabawi and felt sorry for him. He wished he could help the worker in some way, so he called him over.

Sheikh: How are you?
Worker: I'm fine.
Sheikh: can I help you in anyway?
Worker: no it's ok.
Sheikh: can I teach you the Quran?
Worker: it's ok. I know how to read the Quran.
Sheikh: ok read.

The worker read the Quran with excellent and beautiful tajweed. The Sheikh was amazed.
Sheikh: where did you learn such beautiful Tajweed and recitation of the Quran ?

Worker: when I first came here, Sheikh, I didn't know how to read the Quran. I used to sit in the Rawdah in the night and cry to Allah to show me the Prophet (saw) in my dream. I cried and cried to Allah night after night and one night he came to me in my dream. He then started to teach me the Quran and he is the one who taught me how to read like this! SubhanAllah!

Moral of the story: NEVER BELITTLE ANYONE.

Yes, read it again, it's a true story. Narrated Anas: The Prophet said, “Whoever has seen me in a dream, then no doubt, he has seen me, for Satan cannot imitate my shape. [Sahih Bukhari -Book #87, Hadith #123]

No comments:

Post a Comment