Sunday, July 17, 2016

Got this from a post i come across
"REMINDER: Keep calm and think the best of everyone no matter what you see.

I am a White American and Muslim.

I saw the janitor (Jordanian) at my local mosque leave Salat today wearing a Confederate Bars and Stripes T-shirt. I told my husband to explain to him in Arabic what the flag is. I feared for his safety considering all the recent events.

The Janitor's eyes got wide and he started hitting himself on the head and cursing. Earlier that day, a black man outside of a grocery store gave him a nasty look and spat at him. He thought the man was angry because he was Arab and Muslim, and was taking out his frustration over the attack in Nice.

Apparently the janitor had bought the shirt on sale at a discount super store. And as I had figured, had not been in the U.S. long enough to recognize the confederate flag, or had any clue there had been a Civil War.

Lesson of the Day, MAKE NO ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT ANYTHING, and DON'T ACT OUT. You just never really know who a person is just by looking at them."

No comments:

Post a Comment